This Week's St. Elizabeth Bulletin & More
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday 3-4 p.m.
Saturday 4:30 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. (
) & 10:30 a.m.
By mandate of the Governor, masks are required to be worn when attending public gatherings indoors. Safe spacing is also highly suggested. Thank you!!
- If you serve the parish as a sacristan, server, greeter or usher, please be at the church at 9:30AM on September 12 to take your group photos for the directory. THANK YOU!!
FRIED CHICKEN DINNER
- Next Sunday, September 19 from 11AM until 5PM, the parish will host an all you can eat Fried Chicken Dinner! Dinner includes chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, applesauce, bread, coffee or tea and dessert is included. Cost is $12 for adults, kids under 12 are $6 and under 2 years old is FREE. Proceeds will be used to finish the work being done currently on the school restrooms. Please come out and enjoy a great meal and fellowship!
Baked Goods Needed
Ladies Sodality needs your baking skills once again for the parish chicken dinner on September 19th. We would love to have lots of pies to go along with the great chicken dinner…of course cakes & other goodies will be great, too. Bring any time after 3:00 p.m. on Saturday or Sunday morning. We appreciate your help & look forward to another parish successful chicken dinner.
PARISH PICTORIAL DIRECTORY-
Thank you SO very much to all who had your photos taken for the pictorial directory! If by chance you were not able to do so and wish to still have your photo in the directory, please send in a snapshot of you or your family along with the names of the people in the photo and a $10 donation to cover the cost of your book. We will get them published and get your book to you when they are available later this fall. If you are having issues with accessing the ZOOM meeting or have other questions, PLEASE contact the parish office for assistance.
- September 15 at 11:30 a.m. is our next Senior Luncheon in the Harmony Room. Speakers will be Principal Michelle Williams and Parish Secretary Bret Ware. Lunch will be provided from Jerry’s Cafeteria. Please contact the parish office to sign up ASAP!
NET Missionaries hosts
– We desperately need a couple more host homes for the NET Missionaries visiting our parish this year. They're EASY! They don't even need a bed - they're used to rolling out their sleeping back on a clear floor, air mattress, or cot. They just need a space, a shower, and breakfasts. If you can host 2-3 college-aged female missionaries from their team for 3 nights from October 8-11 and/or 4 nights from December 7-11, please let Deacon Michael know ASAP!
ARE YOU BEING CALLED TO BE A DEACON?
There is a special information meeting at St. Mary’s Parish Center in Alton on Sept. 16 at 6:30 p.m. for men interested in becoming a deacon for the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois. Deacon Dave Sorrell (director of the Office for the Diaconate) will present information for those interested in the Permanent Diaconate Program which begins in the fall of 2022. Applications are being accepted at this time.
The permanent diaconate is open to men between the ages of 32 and 57, who are active in the practice of our faith, and who desire to grow in their relationship with God and in their service to their parish. If interested, and if married, wives are welcome and encouraged to attend. For questions, email Deacon David Sorrell: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit dio.org/diaconate.
Bring Friends, Neighbors, & Family Thursdays
In September, Learning in the Library will be a series called "Discovering Christ." It's a no-commitment way to invite a friend, neighbor, or family member to learn more about Jesus and His Church. Or just join us yourself and re-set around the basics of your faith life. Come any Thursday or all of the Thursdays. Fellowship & snacks from 6-7, class at 7.
September 16: The Bible & Divine Revelation
September 23: Catholic Prayers & Practices
September 30: The Mass
- Congratulations to the September winner of the 150 Club, #148 Steve & Marilyn Hahn!!
Sunday Vespers is Back - new Time
We tried 8-9 p.m. on Sundays but it was just a bit too late. Our Sunday Holy Hour is now from 7:30-8:30, and we'll be back to praying Vespers (Evening Prayer) instead of Compline (Night Prayer). Join us!
Thanks to the Men's Club, St. Elizabeth Parishioners have access to FORMED.org, a network of Catholic programming. You can even watch the shows on your Roku or other streaming television device. Visit
and select our parish.
More Info in the Weekly Bulletin:
on Friday, September 10 at 12:38PM